Automated Powder Coating Machine
In late 2000, FORCE Manufacturing, Inc. was contacted to build an automated Powder Coating Machine for a customer with extraordinarily large back orders. They required a new high speed Powder Coating Machine as quickly as possible. Because of their immediate demand, the customer specified a high demand machine with the capability to handle a broad range of products and incorporate the latest technologies.
Due to an aggressive schedule and a bonus/penalty contract, thorough engineering of long lead time components and purchases were completed first, followed by a system integration plan, and incorporated into a final automated machine design.
A final qualification of the machine was performed five (5) weeks ahead of the deadline, demonstrating production rates, safety, and operator interface.
Powder Coating Machine – Features and Components
- Custom vibrator bowl feeder
- Linear parts conveyor
- Oven loading station
- Unload bi-axial chute
- 12 position indexing station
- Liquid cooled rotating spindles
- Multi function powder coating fluid bed
- Custom vertical lift powder auger
- Multiple curing stations
- Integrated cooling system
- Integrated water circulating system with chiller
- 2 Axis unload station
- Unload conveyor
- PLC with touch screen interface, including complete programing with multiple sub-routines.